Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

October 16, 2011

 Hello Again,

Well, last night was our first night without Mom.  After dropping her off at the airport around 6:30AM I just stayed at the hospital not leaving at all for about 27 hours straight.  I had gotten the timer for Don so he was able to keep up with his pain meds better which helped.  I had to get up about 3 times for a while to rub his aching legs, get him up on the side of the bed and help him get comfortable but all in all it was a pretty good night. I left around 9AM to go get a little rest, eat and get showered and back by Noon.  Don struggled with pain quite a bit during the day today and finally asked for the muscle relaxer in addition to his pain meds about 3PM.  After he got that he fell asleep for quite a while.  In fact, we both slept quite well from 3PM till 5PM.  It felt really good and we weren't disturbed by staff either.

Surgery is scheduled for 7AM tomorrow morning so I plan on going to the hotel tonight from 9PM-3AM so I can get in here refreshed enough to get him oiled up and ready for surgery.  They usually come pick him up at 6AM for the 7AM surgery.  We are hoping for the plastic surgery to accomplish a closure of the wound and the removal of the wound vac and just have a simple drain tube for a while.  That would be a giant step in the right direction, for sure.  However, this plastic surgeon is one of the best and he will not make any unnecessary hasty moves.  He will only close it if he feels it is time...the best time.

Pray for me as I am here alone during this critical time.  I feel your prayers lifting me up and strengthening me already.

I'll try to give you a mid-day report on how things are tomorrow.

Love you all,
Don and Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment