Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Home Again!


Hello Everyone,
 
We hope you are still all praying earnestly for us because we still need it desparately!
We made it home Saturday, November 12th about 8:50PM.  We had stopped in Kingman, Arizona so Don could meet the man that rescued him from the wreck, Officer Ryan Timmerman.  It was a grand event.  He brought his beautiful wife, Lisa with him and his gorgeous 3 month old daughter, Hailey.  We visited for well over an hour at Denny's there at the Flying J.  I did not want to eat there but Kingman is a very small town so I was forced to eat there.  I got a wrap with avacado on it and it tasted like it was bad so instead of returning it I just took the rest of the avacado out of it and finished it.  Well, as a result, I got food poisoning pretty bad so the rest of the 225 miles was miserable.  I had to keep stopping to use the restroom and I was so nauseated and on the verge of  throwing up that I could hardly drive.  I was pulling a small U-Haul so Mel did not want to try to drive so I just kept going as best as I could.  I had a bottle of Peppermint oil up to my nose inhaleing it constantly to keep from throwing up.  Donnie was getting very nervous about what was happening.  He just couldn't wait to get home!
 
If that wasn't bad enough, when we got to Wickenburg, Arizona we stopped of course to go to the restroom, right?  Well, it was dark and I noticed that I couldn't see my running lights reflecting off of the trailer when I was driving so when we stopped I checked and sure enough, there was a short in the U-Haul trailer lights and now we had no running lights and it was pitch dark!  My brake lights and turn signals worked on both the trailer and the van but neither one had running lights!!!!!!!!  If you remember from the last email it took the U-Haul dealer almost 2 hours to get the lights working right and fixed fuses, etc.  So this was no surprise that something happened eventually with the lights.  As a result we had to drive the last 95 miles of the trip with our flashers on.
 
Just wait...it gets worse!  Well, I kept getting these waves of nausea and I kept fighting it just hoping to get home.  We made it to 10 miles before the exit for University Drive and I had to whip the van across several lanes and just got off the shoulder slamming it into park and just got one foot out the door before everything emptied out of my stomach!  I had to go to the back of the van after the first go round and just kept losing it!!! Geez that was terrible!  I had Mel call her husband to make sure he opened the house and turned the lights on in the bathroom by the back door so I could just run in and hit the bathroom.  I was so sick and felt so terrible!  Of course, Donnie was having such pain in the night that night and absolutely could not sleep in bed for more than a minute or two.  He really needed me but I was so sick and was just moaning out and begging God to deliver me from this horrible nausea all night.  Donnie just had to fend for himself.  I could not help it.  Well, again it gets worse...by 4AM Donnie started with the runs and man it was bad!  He can't move very fast so all day I cleaned up after him even though I felt like 900 pounds of homemade sin myself!  Donnie went through all 4 sets of his clothes in one day.  I was doing laundry as fast as I could to keep up.  Plus I had to go shopping for us as there was no food in this house and he had such pain I had to try to pick up some over the counter pain meds to help him and get some bandages for his wound on his back.  Oh, and I had to go to Auto Zone to get fuses to fix the lights on my van.  Ugh!  I felt so terrible the whole time but I just kept dragging through the day and kept putting one foot in front of the other.  I know this is probably unbelievable and I really wish it weren't true but you will be on the floor laughing when you hear this next twist to the story!!!!  Envision my van in the driveway backed in with a small U-Haul attached to it.  Then I have a Toyota Camry with a license plate that just expired on 10-31-2011. 
No kidding!!!  I always make it back here by the end of October to renew the license plate but guess what?!...I couldn't make it here because of Donnie.   So here I am running around town in a car with expired tags and my other vehicle without running lights!  Some days you just wonder, don't you?
 
This week has been a real challenge.  Many things I cannot even tell you or you would have to quit your full time job just to read the details of this journey!  We have had to take Donnie to the Acupuncturist and Chiropractor to get his pain under control and it worked fabulously the first time.  On Monday night we went to bed at 7PM and we both stayed in bed and Donnie actually slept until 6AM!!!! This was truly a miracle.  Well his pain has slowly returned so we have been back to the Acupuncturist Wednesday and Thursday in hopes of keeping his nerves intact.  He has had some horrible nights and the last two have been out of this world.  Please, please pray for him and that we will get some answers!
 
We love you all and hope to get more emails out after I get my bomb of a house put back together inbetween taking Donnie all over the county to appointments, trying to do laundry, make meals, clean up and keep his supplements and everything going. 
 
Thanks again,
Don and Carol Schirr
 

No comments:

Post a Comment